jueves, 7 de marzo de 2019

CARNIVAL FESTIVAL IN BURGOS !!!



CARNIVAL HOLIDAYS  ( by Patricia from ADM 3)

Carnival is a party which is celebrated before Lent, it is usually during February, although this year Carnival happened in March. The origin of this party goes back to the Roman celebrations of 5000 years ago in honor of the god Saturn, the Romans were celebrating their last days when they could eat meat before Lent. They had costumes so that nobody recognized them in those days.


I’m going to write about my last weekend.

For me, Carnival started on the 1st of March and lasted till the 5th of March. I had 5 days off.


Firstly, I travelled to Villarcayo in Burgos. There, I visited my friends and we went to take something to talk about our experiences in our new cities. The next morning, I went to my best friend’s home to dress up  and we made a small carnival float decorated like a pond. Then, all together we paraded with the charanga through the streets of the village. Our costume consists of a pink tutu, a pink sweater, pink panties, big pink wings, a beak-shaped headband, and many pink feathers… we were flamingos! During Saturday we paraded every few hours and we watched a match of football. On Sunday me and two friends more walked along the river bank, and at sunset I went back with my family to Zaragoza. Moreover, on Monday we went to the cinema to watch “How to Train Your Dragon 3” but it wasn’t as good as I believed.
In short, I really enjoyed and I had a lovely time with my friends. If I had had a lot of money, I wouldn't have travelled to another place because my village is the best place for me.



1 comentario: