lunes, 25 de enero de 2021

A SPECIAL PLACE IN ZARAGOZA

A SPECIAL PLACE IN ZARAGOZA  ( BY N.A.)

 Have you ever been in Belchite? I was there five or six times because I had a friend who lived in Belchite, very close to the old town. The first times I went there I was very young and I didn’t appreciate the important history behind the walls. I only saw a destroyed village and we played there without thinking ABOUT anything else.

When we grew up and we were studying History in high school, our teacher explained to us what happened there. So, we decided to head back there and asked to old neighbours about the Civil War. They accompanied us through the streets and buildings and told us awful stories that made our hair stand on end. Later, we took a walk in silence because we were shocked by for so much information. At that time, old Belchite wasn’t protected by DGA as it’s now and teenagers were going to record cacophonies, for instance.

If I were you, I wouldn’t miss the opportunity to go to Belchite. It’s a very special place to learn and feel the horrors of war. Also, if you are brave, you can take a guided tour at night.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario